Microdermabrasion is effective in reducing fine lines, "crow's feet," age spots and acne scars. It stimulates the production of skin cells and collagen. It has proven to be a very popular nonsurgical cosmetic procedure. How is microdermabrason performed? The hand piece emits crystals onto the surface of the skin, resulting in a gentle abrasion or "polishing" process. Each treatment takes from 30 minutes to an hour. The number of treatments recommended for maximal results can range between 5 and 12, spaced from 2 to 3 weeks apart. Maintenance of results requires periodic repeat treatments after the initial regimen is completed. Microdermabrasion may be combined with a light chemical peel to increase the effect.
What are the benefits?
- Gives the skin an overall fresh, healthy-looking glow.
- Nonsurgical, safe, effective "lunch hour" procedure.
- Effective on all skin colors and types.
- No anesthetic required.
- Excellent for skin sensitive to chemical procedures.
- Normal activities can be resumed immediately.